The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation is one of the nation’s largest independent foundations. It supports creative people, effective institutions, and influential networks while building a more just, verdant, and peaceful world.
John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
Corporate & Commercial
Nonprofit & Associations
Located in downtown Chicago’s historic Marquette building which was built in 1895, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation continues its historic commitments to the strength and vitality of its headquarters. With the intent of a space refresh to incorporate collaborative work areas, a lunchroom refresh, updated conference rooms with full AV capabilities, and elevator lobby improvements, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation selected Wright Heerema Architects, their neighbors in the Marquette building, to lead the refresh. The project also evolved into stacking and core rework exercises, as well as a refresh of furniture and finishes throughout.